In line with the new Covid 19 guidelines and restrictions, the Oakwood Centre will be closed from 5 November to 2 December, unless the restrictions are extended.
The UK Government has outlined further Covid 19 restrictions, stating that, from Thursday 5 November, everyone must stay at home, and may leave only for a limited set of reasons. These include:
- For education;
- For work, if you cannot work from home;
- For exercise and recreation outdoors, with your household, support bubble or on your own with one person from another household;
- For all medical reasons, appointments and to escape injury or harm;
- To shop for food and essentials;
- And to provide care for vulnerable people, or as a volunteer.
Single-adult households will still be able to form an exclusive support bubble with one other household, and children can move between homes if their parents are separated.
Non-essential shops, leisure and entertainment venues will be closed. Click and collect services can continue and essential shops, including supermarkets, will remain open.
Pubs, bars, restaurants must close, except for takeaway and delivery services. Brown Bag Cafe at the Oakwood Centre will also be closed.
Public services, such as job centres, courts, and civil registration offices will remain open.
There is no exemption for communal worship in places of worship (except funerals and individual prayer), organised team sports, or children’s activities.
Further information from the UK Government can be found HERE.